Position: Web/Applications Developer
Company: McCoy Global Inc.
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
We love big data and know how instrumental it is to drive results and optimize our business intelligence. With a primary focus on supporting and developing custom applications on multiple platforms (think external/internal websites, mobile and desktop apps), we are looking for a Web/Applications Developer to develop and deliver data to our business globally. This position is a true full life cycle development role, and will work to design, develop, implement, test and train on new and legacy web-based business solutions. The ideal person will really love technology, is passionate about creating applications and understands how to use these to drive our business.
What You’ll Do:
- Analyze our organizational needs and goals to design, create and implement internal and external applications
- Research new technologies on delivering content to customers and employees
- Data mine and analyze operational data with the objective of identifying patterns and cause and effect to suggest methods of setting standards for set data
- Translate business needs for projects and broad-scale initiatives into data analysis and web based reporting solutions
- Provide business intelligence by dashboard development/reporting while responding to all requests for data, information, and statistics
- Analyze our website usage statistics and monitor online feedback
- Overlook SEO/SEM monitoring, analyzing and reporting
- Integrating online social media applications to allow sharing of McCoy content globally on both an internal and external basis
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, business, marketing or equivalent
- Proficiency with Visual Studio and Team Foundation
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite products including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Flash, and others
- Knowledge of computer-aided design (CAD) software or 3D animation software is a benefit for training courseware development
- Experience with SQL Reporting Services, ERP, CRM and BI software functionality is an asset
- Finally, you have a creative mind that loves to challenge the status quo and bring solutions to problems before they may even arise!
So what can McCoy offer you?
- The opportunity to work for a global company and interact daily with customers and colleagues from all over the world
- The ability to have your voice heard and help us continuously improve
- A chance make a difference in our industry, to embrace challenge and lead change
- A collaborative and supportive work environment with a team that has your back
- An environment that encourages you to be the best in everything you do
We are 1-McCoy. Are you? We can’t wait to hear from you.
Note: McCoy Global conducts security background checks for confidential positions.
- Sales Representative, Latin America
- Sales Representative, North East USA
- Service Technician
- Web/Applications Developer
- Director, Financial Reporting, Planning and Analysis
- Marketing Specialist
- CNC Machinist
- Asia Pacific Sales Representative
- Shipping (Logistics) Coordinator
- Mechanical Engineering Specialist
Please be aware of scams involving phony job postings. McCoy has learned of instances where unauthorized individuals are using McCoy’s brand and altered contact information to solicit potential job seekers for employment and asking for personal identification and/or some type of advance payment. Please note that McCoy does not require any purchase or payment to submit a resume or apply for a job. McCoy job openings may be accessed through mccoyglobal.com/careers. Any internet job posting that does not link to the job postings page on mccoyglobal.com/careers is not a legitimate job posting for a McCoy job opening and may be fraudulent.