Position: CNC Machinist
Company: McCoy Global USA - Broussard
Location: Broussard, Louisiana
Job Title: CNC Machinist
Department: Dies & Inserts
Location: Broussard, Louisiana
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, the CNC Machinist is responsible for manufacturing quality products through the programming and operation of CNC Machinery. This position monitors the machine operation to ensure optimal productivity and maintains the machine in proper working order.
What You’ll Do:
- Programming of CNC equipment, specifically Mazatrol and G-Code
- Setup CNC equipment without supervision, change cutting tools and adjust machine feeds and speeds as needed
- Resolve problems by making decisions to correct constraints
- Assist in equipment set up for junior level CNC Machinists to help eliminate non-conformance and spindle down time
- Identify root causes and corrective action for quality problems
- Utilize measuring equipment used in the industry such as calipers, micrometers, height gauge and other measuring equipment needed to complete work
- Use prescribed procedures to inspect part(s) and product(s) produced to assure compliance to specifications that will eliminate defects, scrap, rework, etc. Ensure part(s) meet all McCoy Quality requirements
- Maintain equipment and work area on a daily basis in a clean and orderly condition, report defective equipment, materials and/or faulty operations to supervisor
- Identify and implement opportunities for process improvement and increased efficiency
- Accomplishes department and organization goals by accepting ownership for new and incoming orders; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Interacts with Manufacturing Operations regarding products, services, lead-times and delivery schedule
What You’ll Bring:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with programming CNC equipment; specifically Mazatrol and G-Code
- Vocational training or equivalent preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate with a large variety of stakeholders both verbally and written
- Adaptability and flexibility with changing priorities and deadlines while remaining detail orientated
- Product knowledge and understating of our how products are used
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs
- Work comfortably in a team environment
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
So what can McCoy offer you?
- The opportunity to work for a global company and interact daily with customers and colleagues from all over the world
- The ability to have your voice heard and help us continuously improve
- A chance make a difference in our industry, to embrace challenge and lead change
- A collaborative and supportive work environment with a team that has your back
- An environment that encourages you to be the best in everything you do
We are 1-McCoy. Are you? We can’t wait to hear from you.
Note: McCoy Global conducts security background checks for confidential positions.
Other Opportunities:View All
Please be aware of scams involving phony job postings. McCoy has learned of instances where unauthorized individuals are using McCoy’s brand and altered contact information to solicit potential job seekers for employment and asking for personal identification and/or some type of advance payment. Please note that McCoy does not require any purchase or payment to submit a resume or apply for a job. McCoy job openings may be accessed through mccoyglobal.com/careers. Any internet job posting that does not link to the job postings page on mccoyglobal.com/careers is not a legitimate job posting for a McCoy job opening and may be fraudulent.