Position: Design Engineer
Company: McCoy Trailers
Location: Penticton, British Columbia
McCoy Trailers Division is a market leader in the design and build of top-quality, long-lasting heavy duty trailers including lowboys, flat decks, oilfield floats, and specialty custom trailers.
We are currently seeking qualified and highly motivated Design Engineer to join the team located in beautiful Penticton, in the heart of the Okanagan Valley.
- Being a key member of a cross functional team from concept through to product launch
- Completing conceptual designs along with variations of existing product lines.
- Setting and achieving design project deadlines.
- Maintaining technical accuracy and detail in all aspects of completed work.
- Being responsive and proactive to production and sales requests for support.
- Investigating technical problems, identifying root causes and implementing corrective actions.
- Assisting with the implementation of new standards aimed at increasing productivity and safety through solid modeling best practices, drawing standards, release procedures and regulatory audits.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering from a nationally accredited program.
- 5 years of industry experience preferably in a heavy duty transport environment or equivalent will be considered
- Pro/Engineer or other solid modeling experience is required together with a strong technical aptitude. Inventor experience would be an asset.
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing principles
- Results oriented and with a strong desire to become world class.
- Excellent communication skills are essential.
- Demonstrate the values of safety, teamwork, accountability, integrity and service.
We offer competitive wages and a comprehensive benefit package, plus a great environment to work in. Apply today!
McCoy Corporation has a Substance Abuse Policy and conducts pre-employment testing for safety sensitive positions.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. McCoy Corporation cannot confirm if applications have been received, therefore does not accept recruitment phone calls.
Applicants MUST use the online application tool, resumes faxed in or dropped off will not be considered.