Position: Expeditor - Buyer
Company: McCoy Global Canada
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Are you a seasoned Buyer/Purchaser looking for a new challenge on a global level?
We are currently seeking an experienced Expeditor - Buyer to oversee scheduling, expediting and purchasing of materials, supplies and services for on-time delivery. This position will also assist in the management of inventory and have the opportunity to locate new sources of supplies. This is an excellent role for someone who likes to work with a wide variety of people, has great communication skills and who can manage the expectations of multiple stakeholders with ease.
What you’ll do:
- Through proper and accurate scheduling, ensure timely material availability of materials from suppliers
- Generate scheduling and procurement related information and follow up with internal stakeholders and suppliers to meet customer’s delivery date.
- Work collaboratively with functional groups to develop expediting plans, establishing key requirements, measure and protocols to mitigate risks
- Coordinate, monitor and follow up on outsourced activities, ensuring that they are done in close coordination with quality, engineering and manufacturing functions
- Prepare purchase requisitions when required, and monitor purchase requisition requests through creation to arrival
- Plan, develop and buy materials, parts, supplies and equipment in a timely and cost effective way
- Approve and issue purchase orders in accordance with policy and negotiated terms, maintaining preferred vendor lists.
- Assist in the management of inventory, securing agreements and lowering the cost
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years’ experience in Purchasing
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate to a wide variety of people
- Collaborative approach to getting things done and the ability to work effectively in a team
- Previous experience in a leadership capacity an asset
- Experience with a ISO 9001 quality assurance system would be an asset
- Oilfield related experience an asset
- You are great with Microsoft office, and can navigate ERP systems (We use Epicor – and you will be too!)
So what can McCoy offer you?
- The opportunity to work for a global company and interact daily with customers and colleagues from all over the world
- The ability to have your voice heard and help us continuously improve
- A chance make a difference in our industry, to embrace challenge and lead change
- A collaborative and supportive work environment with a team that has your back
- An environment that encourages you to be the best in everything you do.
We are 1-McCoy. Are you? We can’t wait to hear from you.
Note: McCoy Global conducts security background checks for confidential positions.
- Electromechanical Technician
- Senior Manager - Quality, Health, Safety & Environment
- Asia Pacific Sales Representative
- Sales Representative - Houston/Gulf Coast
- Expeditor - Buyer
Please be aware of scams involving phony job postings. McCoy has learned of instances where unauthorized individuals are using McCoy’s brand and altered contact information to solicit potential job seekers for employment and asking for personal identification and/or some type of advance payment. Please note that McCoy does not require any purchase or payment to submit a resume or apply for a job. McCoy job openings may be accessed through mccoyglobal.com/careers. Any internet job posting that does not link to the job postings page on mccoyglobal.com/careers is not a legitimate job posting for a McCoy job opening and may be fraudulent.