Position: Sales Representative, Houston/Gulf Area
Company: McCoy Global USA - Richmond
Location: Houston, Texas
Job Title: Sales Representative, Houston/Gulf Area
Department: Sales & Marketing, Sensors & Systems
Location: Houston, Texas
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
This role is primarily responsible for maintaining and growing our regional business across a multitude of business sectors utilizing an ability to promote existing products on a commercial and technical level for the Houston, Texas and Gulf Coast United States region. In addition, they will be accountable for processing various sales leads while maintaining a superior level of customer service. The Sales Representative has an entrepreneurial spirit as they will take ownership of the territory. Key to this role is ensuring McCoy is represented across the region and exposed to a multitude of business development activities. They will contribute to all aspects of the sale by managing proposals, collaborating with vendors and contractors, negotiating new and renewal contracts, and closing the sales.
What You’ll Do:
- Demonstrate technical selling skills and product knowledge in all areas of the business
- Develop annual & monthly sales plan for market that ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability
- Responsible for sourcing and developing new customers in current and new industries, while maintaining and building upon business relationships with existing customers
- Develop strategies, action plans and proposals to engage new and existing customers in assigned markets, ensuring competitive pricing while maximizing profit
- Monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide monthly feedback to the Sales Manager, including performance to plan, variance analysis and new customer contacts
- Attend meetings and trade shows to promote all products in order to build, develop, and grow a new and current customer base
- Retain and grow existing key accounts in line with the company’s vision and approved business plans
- Network with defined market segments with the purpose of prospecting for new customers
What You’ll Bring:
- Minimum 5 years’ of outside sales experience preferably in a similar role
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in business administration or related field
- Proven self-starter with track record for growing sales and customer base
- A demonstrated consultative selling style and with the ability to cold-call on potential new customers.
- The ability to recognize and assist in developing/implementing solid sales opportunities and strategies.
- Comprehensive understanding of oil and gas industry
- Ability to develop sales strategies that utilize resources & alliances
- Excellence in customer service and leadership skills with the ability to effectively influence sales and operations in order to maximize revenues and profits
- You understand the business implications of decisions and display orientation to profitability
- Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals
- Ability to effectively manage fluctuating workloads, and set priorities to meet deadlines
So what can McCoy offer you?
- The opportunity to work for a global company and interact daily with customers and colleagues from all over the world
- The ability to have your voice heard and help us continuously improve
- A chance make a difference in our industry, to embrace challenge and lead change
- A collaborative and supportive work environment with a team that has your back
- An environment that encourages you to be the best in everything you do
We are 1-McCoy. Are you? We can’t wait to hear from you.
Note: McCoy Global conducts security background checks for confidential positions.
- Workshop Technician
- CNC Machinist
- Web Designer/Applications Specialist
- Sales Representative, Latin America
- Sales Representative, North East USA
- Service Technician
- Sales Representative, Houston/Gulf Area
- Service & Rental Representative – Europe, Africa & Middle East
Please be aware of scams involving phony job postings. McCoy has learned of instances where unauthorized individuals are using McCoy’s brand and altered contact information to solicit potential job seekers for employment and asking for personal identification and/or some type of advance payment. Please note that McCoy does not require any purchase or payment to submit a resume or apply for a job. McCoy job openings may be accessed through mccoyglobal.com/careers. Any internet job posting that does not link to the job postings page on mccoyglobal.com/careers is not a legitimate job posting for a McCoy job opening and may be fraudulent.