Position: Senior Accountant
Company: McCoy Global Inc.
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Salary, Day Shift
McCoy Global manufactures and distributes high-performance tubular equipment for the oil and gas industry, suited to both workover and drilling applications on land-based and offshore rigs. As your one-stop shop for energy products and services, we also provide specialized hydraulic power tongs, dies and inserts, make/break torque equipment, and computerized torque turn monitoring systems. McCoy Global's vision is to be the global leader in tubular make-up and handling equipment solutions.
McCoy Global is a dynamic, growing, publicly traded company which employs approximately 300 employees across its operating segments in Alberta, Texas, Louisiana, Singapore, Dubai, and the UK. At McCoy Global, we understand that knowing who you are, what you're here to do, and what you stand for is integral to being a successful, thriving organization.
We began in 1914 as a blacksmith shop in Edmonton, Alberta. Since then, the world has changed considerably. Since Henry McCoy set up shop in 1914, we've evolved through auto springs, axle manufacturing, trucking and trailers to power tongs, advanced engineering and productivity solutions for drilling and completion. It's been relentless–just the way we love it. We've opened international sales and service facilities to better serve our clients in the North Sea and Southeast Asia, the UK, and the Middle East. That we’re still around, forging a bold new path into the next centennial has less to do with resilience as it does with our ability to evolve. What began as a piece of iron has been continually reshaped to meet the needs of our customers around the world. And that iron remains, strong as ever.
This position is responsible for providing accounting services and support to McCoy Global’s Business Unit in accordance with reporting requirements. Key to this role is ensuring that reports, statements and documentation comply with internal corporate policy and external regulatory requirements. This role is specifically responsible for a variety of accounting functions including, but not limited to, maintaining the general ledger and preparing income and balance sheet statements, profit and loss statements, and cash flow forecasts.
• Prepare monthly financial statements, working papers and supporting documentation for the Corporate business unit
• Assist, advise on and process day-to-day business transactions for the Corporate business unit
• Adhere to key controls and processes and identify and report areas for improvement or areas where process documentation is required on a quarterly basis.
• Monitor financial results against budget and analyze overages on a monthly basis; communicate findings to Finance and Department management
• Monitor capital expenditures against budget on a monthly basis; communicate findings to Finance and Department management
• Monitor cash on hand and prepare and provide weekly cash balance summary to Finance and the Executive team
• Work with Finance and Department management to prepare quarterly short-term plan forecasts
• Compile audit requests for the Corporate business unit for the annual consolidated audit
• Assist with various special projects at the request of the Finance department
• Process employee submissions and process payments through Concur
• Assist and advise McCoy employees on employee expense claim questions/comments
• Monitor actual employee expenses against budget and analyze any overages on a quarterly basis, communicate findings to Finance and Department management
• Assist with any system updates/implementations of the Concur expense processing program
• Assist in the documentation and formalization of Concur process documentation and overall McCoy Global Travel and Expense policy
• Ability to apply management accounting concepts and principles
• Ability to prepare financial reports, statements and/or projections
• Ability to think logically and complete work with a high degree of accuracy
• Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and manage time effectively
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Education and Experience:
• University Degree or relevant post- secondary education
• Professional Accounting Designation (CA, CMA, CGA)
• 3-5 years of experience in a senior accounting role
• Knowledge of GAAP and SAP principles, requirements and practices
• Experience with an ERP system an asset
• Strong knowledge in financial, operational and cost reporting and analysis
• Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook, as well as other related software applications
• Maintain and ensure compliance to C-SOX standards
• Ensure Corporate Business unit financial information is accurate and timely
• Administer and oversee Employee Expense Management Program
Note: McCoy Global conducts security background checks for confidential positions.
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Our office cannot confirm if we have received applications. Please no phone calls.
Applicants MUST use the online application tool, resumes faxed in or dropped off will not be considered.
Other Opportunities:View All
Please be aware of scams involving phony job postings. McCoy has learned of instances where unauthorized individuals are using McCoy’s brand and altered contact information to solicit potential job seekers for employment and asking for personal identification and/or some type of advance payment. Please note that McCoy does not require any purchase or payment to submit a resume or apply for a job. McCoy job openings may be accessed through mccoyglobal.com/careers. Any internet job posting that does not link to the job postings page on mccoyglobal.com/careers is not a legitimate job posting for a McCoy job opening and may be fraudulent.