Position: Senior Manager - Quality, Health, Safety & Environment
Company: McCoy Global Inc.
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
We are currently seeking a Senior Manager, Quality, Health, Safety and Environment ("QHSE") to join McCoy and its global senior leadership team. The successful candidate should thrive on having a diverse portfolio within which to provide their expert leadership and oversight for the company’s QHSE operations, as well as to support a culture of continuous improvement in all facets of Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental programming. This includes the development, implementation and execution of the corporate QHSE strategies as well as critical HSE programs that support McCoy’s commitment to safety excellence.
This is a remarkable opportunity for an exceptional leader. You have a deep understanding of QHSE activities on a preferably multi-national landscape and understand how to align these both strategically and with our core values. You’ll also show personal drive and commitment to providing service excellence to employees, customers and the community. Our ideal candidate is adaptable and self-motivated, and understands how to effectively partner with the business in a proactive and collaborative way to drive a safe workplace culture. This position requires an individual that excels in leadership and has an innate ability to drive and deliver results.
Summary of Role:
The Senior Manager is responsible for organizational governance and compliance with regional occupational health and safety legislation along with ownership for the QHSE system. They are also responsible for ensuring the integrity of safety records and reporting key safety statistics and will work closely with operations team to promote broader health, safety and accident prevention requirements and investigation.
They will also oversee the company’s quality control processes and final product testing and will work closely with operations to support McCoy’s commitment to delivering high quality products. This role works directly with customers and key stakeholders on QHSE matters and will act as a company liaison with external parties.
What you’ll be doing:
- Enhance all QHSE activities, initiatives and programs by building and maintaining positive relationships with all departments, ensuring that the McCoy quality and safety culture is understood and reinforced
- Develop and implement all company HSE policies, including job procedures and hazard assessments, ensuring that all operations are conducted in a safe and efficient manner and in conformance to applicable safety regulations and laws
- Work with all departments to ensure McCoy’s QHSE programs and policies are consistently implemented and executed throughout all global operations and that QHSE related projects and milestones are met within set timelines
- Identify opportunities to enhance current systems by applying new or existing technology and developing innovative solutions to improve QHSE efficiency
- Conduct site level visits, team meetings and inspections to provide a senior level presence and determine compliance issues or opportunities for improvement and provide executive summaries of results to executive SVP to assure effective communication of potential issues
- Ensure that all follow up action items identified during audits, reviews and internal assessments are identified and that improvements/recommendations are properly communicated with the appropriate departments subsequently monitored
- Generate, monitor and report safety trends and statistics and analyze data for root causes in order to identify and address any negative trends
- Be on call for and respond to all HSE/DOT and Operations emergencies or request for assistance as arranged or needed, particularly when an incident occurs
- Act as main company liaison with Occupational Health & Safety and external customers and vendors to ensure a safe work environment is maintained and the McCoy reputation remains high
What you’ll bring:
- Certificate in one or more of the following – Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety, Certificate in Environmental Management through a Community College or University degree in Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Sciences or equivalent
- More than 10 years of environmental, health and safety program execution work experience, preferably in a production environment and familiarity with energy industry
- Expert level knowledge of quality, environmental, health and safety requirements and management systems – ISO, CSA, OSHA, etc., particularly in Alberta and the United States – with applicable policy development experience
- Experience in generating safety related statistics reports and monitoring trends
- Exceptional leadership skills and the demonstrated ability to build, foster cross functional relationships and influence stakeholders
- Exceptional listening, oral and written communication skills and the ability to develop and facilitate engaging presentations to diverse audiences
- Demonstrated ability to interpret data and metrics and apply to value added reporting
Innovative mindset and the ability to develop creative solutions and efficiencies
So what can McCoy offer you?
- The opportunity to work as a member of a senior leadership team for a global company and interact daily with key stakeholders, customers and colleagues from all over the world
- The ability to have your voice heard and help us continuously improve
- A chance make a difference in our industry, develop creative and innovative business solutions, to embrace challenge and lead change
- A collaborative and supportive work environment with a team that has your back
- An environment that encourages you to be the best in everything you do
We are 1-McCoy. Are you? We can’t wait to hear from you.
Note: McCoy Global conducts security background checks for confidential positions.
- Expeditor - Buyer
- Senior Manager - Quality, Health, Safety & Environment
- Asia Pacific Sales Representative
- Electromechanical Technician
- Sales Representative - Houston/Gulf Coast
Please be aware of scams involving phony job postings. McCoy has learned of instances where unauthorized individuals are using McCoy’s brand and altered contact information to solicit potential job seekers for employment and asking for personal identification and/or some type of advance payment. Please note that McCoy does not require any purchase or payment to submit a resume or apply for a job. McCoy job openings may be accessed through mccoyglobal.com/careers. Any internet job posting that does not link to the job postings page on mccoyglobal.com/careers is not a legitimate job posting for a McCoy job opening and may be fraudulent.