Position: Web Designer/Applications Specialist
Company: McCoy Global Inc.
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Job Title: Web Designer/Applications Specialist
Department: Corporate Services
Location: Edmonton, AB
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
The Web Designer/Applications Specialist is responsible for developing and maintaining both internal and external databases and different forms of media. The candidate will work on projects concerning the corporate intranet and websites. In addition, this individual will work within the IT group to develop, maintain and troubleshoot applications as necessary.
What You’ll Do:
- Administrate, develop and design company websites internally and externally
- Graphic design and create digital/physical format based multimedia products
- Overlook SEO/SEM monitoring, analyzing and reporting
- Maintain all social media sites as well as monitor online social interactions with external parties through our social media accounts
- Manage database development, technical programming and web site design
- Consult with users and project teams to determine requirements for web pages and related applications in an Enterprise IT environment including ERP
- Work on marketing initiatives and develop and/or maintain the Brand Standards Guide
- Resolve Help Desk tickets in areas of expertise
What You’ll Bring:
- University degree in computer science, graphic design and website development or equivalent technical diploma, combined with 3+ years of related experience
- High-level proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite products including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Flash, Dreamweaver Acrobat, After Effects, Premiere, Fireworks and Edge Animate
- Knowledge of computer-aided design (CAD) software or 3D animation software is a benefit for training courseware development
- General knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Knowledge of VBA programming is a bonus for Microsoft Office backend programming
- Experience with SQL Reporting Services development and integration into web pages is beneficial.
- Understanding ERP software and functionality is an asset
- Highly organized individual to maintain multiple projects along with resources associated with the projects (Vendors, material and internal resources)
- Ability to work between the programs to create templates, reports and forms
- Creative mind with problem solving abilities (creatively or logically)
- Confident, detail oriented individual who displays flexibility
- Independent thinker with the ability to work alongside a group or department on a project or find solutions to problems
So what can McCoy offer you?
- The opportunity to work for a global company and interact daily with customers and colleagues from all over the world
- The ability to have your voice heard and help us continuously improve
- A chance make a difference in our industry, to embrace challenge and lead change
- A collaborative and supportive work environment with a team that has your back
- An environment that encourages you to be the best in everything you do
We are 1-McCoy. Are you? We can’t wait to hear from you.
Note: McCoy Global conducts security background checks for confidential positions.
- Service & Rental Representative – Europe, Africa & Middle East
- Sales Representative, Houston/Gulf Area
- CNC Machinist
- Sales Representative, Latin America
- Web Designer/Applications Specialist
- Service Technician
- Workshop Technician
- Sales Representative, North East USA
Please be aware of scams involving phony job postings. McCoy has learned of instances where unauthorized individuals are using McCoy’s brand and altered contact information to solicit potential job seekers for employment and asking for personal identification and/or some type of advance payment. Please note that McCoy does not require any purchase or payment to submit a resume or apply for a job. McCoy job openings may be accessed through mccoyglobal.com/careers. Any internet job posting that does not link to the job postings page on mccoyglobal.com/careers is not a legitimate job posting for a McCoy job opening and may be fraudulent.