Position: Mechanical Engineering Specialist
Company: McCoy Global USA - Richmond
Location: Houston, Texas
Mechanical Engineering Specialist
McCoy Global USA, Inc. seeks a Mechanical Engineering Specialist in Houston, Texas.
Master’s degree in Engineering + 5 years’ experience with power transmission design and power tong design + experience with gear cutting, milling, turning, and fabrication manufacturing processes.
- Provide guidance, assistance and solutions to internal customers at McCoy (Engineering, quality, production, sales) quality assurance, vendors and customers on technical problems and questions during product designs, manufacturing processes and non-conformance, and product applications in the field.
- When elevated from Engineering group by Director of Eng.
- This role will conduct technical investigations, studies and analyses at product-scale, evaluate complex systems with specific design theory, methodology, function modeling and failure analysis, etc.
- Identify and analyze potential technical problems and difficulties occurring in new product development; provide proposal for new products, recommendations to support product development.
- Provide engineering lectures, seminars and trainings to develop internal engineering personnel on design theories, design practice, industrial standards and manufacturing subjects, etc.
- Demonstrate and promote best design practices by standardizing, unifying, and developing design programs and procedures.
- Conduct practical designs for legacy products to achieve higher performance and quality requirements.
- Based on given product performance and function requirements from sales (based on customer feedback), conduct general designs and develop function-based mathematical model to establish mission parameters, verify product performance requirements, identify and solve potential technical difficulties, provide guidance to detailed component designs.
- Conduct failure analysis and technical investigation; identify and understand root causes of product failures/ problems or manufacturing non-conformance; determine and implement corrective solutions and actions.
- Review and approve design calculations, modeling and production drawings as needed; ensure the desired design procedure is followed and accuracy of design work is achieved.
- Maintain relationships and interact with quality control, production control and vendors to ensure company technical standards and requirements are understood and desired product quality is achieved.
- Provide solutions, recommendations and guidance to technical problems and questions, occurring during manufacturing and product applications in the field.
Please send resumes to Jodi Berner at email@example.com
- Sales Representative, North East USA
- Marketing Specialist
- Web/Applications Developer
- Director, Financial Reporting, Planning and Analysis
- Sales Representative, Latin America
- Shipping (Logistics) Coordinator
- Service Technician
- CNC Machinist
- Sales Representative, Houston/Gulf Area
- Asia Pacific Sales Representative
Please be aware of scams involving phony job postings. McCoy has learned of instances where unauthorized individuals are using McCoy’s brand and altered contact information to solicit potential job seekers for employment and asking for personal identification and/or some type of advance payment. Please note that McCoy does not require any purchase or payment to submit a resume or apply for a job. McCoy job openings may be accessed through mccoyglobal.com/careers. Any internet job posting that does not link to the job postings page on mccoyglobal.com/careers is not a legitimate job posting for a McCoy job opening and may be fraudulent.