Position: Buyer II
Company: McCoy Drilling & Completions | Superior Manufacturing & Hydraulics
Location: Broussard, Louisiana
McCoy Global USA is a leading manufacturer of hydraulic power tongs and tong accessories for use in oil well work over and drilling applications. We also produce the Wincatt computerized torque control system.
McCoy’s vision is to be the trusted provider of innovative products and services for the global energy industry and strongly believes in and follows the following values: Accountability, Integrity, Respect, Realism, and Creativity.
We are currently searching for a Buyer II to join our team at our Broussard, Louisiana location.
• Purchase and expedite materials to insure on-time delivery.
• Interact with suppliers and co-workers in a team based environment
• Work with product teams and procurement staff to generate RFQ’s
• Evaluate the use of alternative materials and/or suppliers to improve lead-times and reduce excess inventory
• Interview approved suppliers to obtain price, specifications, and delivery
• Research and source suppliers for new items
• Consult and establish working relationships with other local and divisional sites
• Lead projects and solve arising problems
• Develop strong relationships with customers, technical, or service personnel
• Supports Production by Sourcing Outside Service(s), such as Heat Treat, etc.
• Search out cost saving opportunities to achieve yearly cost reduction targets
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, procurement, or 2-5 years related experience
• Understanding of machining and manufacturing processes
• APICS or ISM certification preferred
• McCoy product knowledge would be an asset
• Strong interpersonal communication skills-written and verbal
• ERP Epicor experience is an asset
• Strong organization skills
• Ability to work with little supervision in a fast paced environment
We offer excellent working conditions, competitive wages and a comprehensive benefit package. Apply today!
McCoy Corporation has a Substance Abuse Policy and conducts pre-employment testing for safety sensitive positions.
Applicants MUST use the online application tool, resumes faxed in or dropped off will not be considered.
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Please note that McCoy cannot confirm receipt of applications, no phone calls will be accepted.