Position: Final Assembly Test Technician
Company: McCoy Global Canada
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Hourly, Day Shift
McCoy Global Canada is a leading manufacturer of hydraulic power tongs and tong accessories for use in oil well work over and drilling applications. We also produce the Wincatt computerized torque control system.
McCoy’s vision is to be the trusted provider of innovative products and services for the global energy industry and strongly believes in and follows the following values: Accountability, Integrity, Respect, Realism, and Creativity.
We are currently searching for a Final Assembly Test Technician to work at our operation located in the Northwest end of Edmonton.
• Ensure that products perform their proposed functions in a satisfactory manner.
• Monitor and manipulate the instruments and processes being used to test these products.
• These tasks can include assembling, calibrating, improving and performing maintenance on test equipment.
• Some technicians may use statistical methods to identify recurring problems and give detailed reports on defects.
• Interface with other departments to ensure customer order deadlines are met.
• Study production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
• Meet detailed “test” schedule time lines to ensure customer shipment dates and equipment specifications are met.
• Adhere to established process plans including people, resources, equipment, and floor space for each customer order.
• Plan flow of materials to be tested through department and develop physical layout of machines according to work orders.
• Establish or adjust work procedures to meet test criteria and production schedules.
• Other duties may be assigned.
• Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
• Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs and blueprints.
• Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Knowledge of Database software; Inventory software and Word Processing software.
We offer competitive wages and a comprehensive benefit package, plus a great environment to work in. Apply today!
McCoy Global Canada has a Substance Abuse Policy and conducts pre-employment testing for safety sensitive positions.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. McCoy Global cannot confirm if applications have been received, therefore does not accept recruitment phone calls.
Applicants MUST use the online application tool, resumes faxed in or dropped off will not be considered.