Dies and Inserts Catalog
- Download 19837
- File Size 1.63 MB
- File Count 1
- Create Date February 7, 2018
- Last Updated October 23, 2023
Dies and Inserts Catalog
McCoy inserts provide the accuracy you need for critical applications. Our dies are heat-treated to provide maximum insert life. We also offer a variety of tooth patterns to securely grip the hardest strings of casing, tubing, and drill pipe.
We know that today's hostile well environments often use corrosion-resistant alloy (CRA) tubulars that require special handling tools. Our GRITFACE® Inserts allow you to use your standard handling tools with CRA strings because the GRITFACE® Coating prevents contamination and marking. It's economical and allows you to use the tools you have on hand.
The GRITFACE® die and insert coating system combines the use of extremely hard grit particles, high strength corrosion resistant brazing materials and application processes which insure optimum dimensional control.
Why GRITFACE® Dies and Inserts?
GRITFACE® coating for tong dies and handling tool inserts is field-proven to last longer than hardened steel dies and inserts used with high-strength tubulars:
- Used to run most CRA tubulars in North Sea since 1997 and now used worldwide
- Used on tubulars from 1-3/50” to 13-3/8”
- Heaviest string run to date weighs in excess of 250 tons
- Heaviest lab test to date is 400 tons on 7”-35PPF 22% Cr 125ksi tubing
- Used with expandable tubulars
- 5/8" Width Tong Dies
- 1” Width Tong Dies
- 1-1/4” Width Tong Dies
- Eckel 4-1/2" Hydra-Shift and 4-1/2 UHT Backup
- Eckel 4-1/2" Hydra-Shift and 4-1/2 UHT Tong
- Eckel 5-1/2" Hydra-Shift LS and 5-1/2" Hydra-Shift VS Backup
- Eckel 5-1/2" Hydra-Shift LS and 5-1/2" Hydra-Shift VS Tong
- Eckel 5-1/2" UHT/UHT HS and 8-5/8" Hydra-Shift HT Backup
- Eckel 5-1/2" UHT/UHT HS and 8-5/8" Hydra-Shift HT Tong
- Inserts for 3-1/2" TS-100 Spider
- Baash-Ross® DU Handling Tools
- Bilco Dual Tools
- Bilco Precision Slips and Elevators
- BJ® YC, HYC, MYC, Casing Elevators, Etc.
- BJ® YT, MYT, HYT
- Cavins® Handling Tools
- Guiberson F-1/H-1 Bowl and Slip
- Hydra Rig 150 Bowl and Slip
- Hydra Rig 225 Bowl and Slip
- Hydra Rig 300 Bowl and Slip
- Kelco K-20 Style Tool K-25 K-30 K-50 K-70
- Oil Country Handling Tools
- ST-80 Iron Roughneck Tools
- VARCO® Style Handling Tools
- "C" Safety Clamps MPS MP MPR T
- Circular Buttons for VARCO® Handling Tools
Offered in four tooth patterns: Standard (-0), Pyramid (-P), Fine Pyramid (-FP) and GRITFACE® (G1-XXXX-XXX-5)
Fine Tooth, GRITFACE®, Bottom Beveled, Top Beveled, Bi-Directional and Bi-Directional Beveled inserts also available.