MTT Torque Turn Monitoring System Brochure
|File Size||5.87 MB|
|Create Date||February 8, 2018|
MTT TORQUE/TURN MONITORING SYSTEM
Monitor and control tubular connection make-up reliably, accurately, and easily with MTT®, the McCoy Torque / Turn Monitoring System.
MTT® is a software tool that interacts with external control hardware to provide real-time monitoring and control of tubular connection power tong and bucking unit make-up. It allows you to easily specify make-up parameters, control the make-up process, and evaluate quality.
Using the software, you can monitor torque, turns, and rotational speed during make-up. You have the option of controlling speed during make-up as well. Control is based on achieving final torque with evaluation of shoulder torque (including delta and final turns).
The MTT®, our Torque Turn Monitoring System comes with:
• Calibration and Connection management system
• Automatic "Start Recording" and "Dump Valve Release"
• Automatic descriptive comments with optional override
• Optional pressure test system is available
MTT® gives you the information you need to ensure make-up conforms to manufacturers’ specs. You can review results from previous make-ups and create reports of the make-up data for further analysis and information.
• Computer running Windows 7,8 or 10.
• Laptop, Panel PC, ATEX Rated Computer Options
• Improvement in Architecture:
• Flexible sensor configuration
• Wired or Wireless Ethernet Communication.
• Control Electronics separate from computer housing.
• Graph zooms to maximize size to computer screen.
• Built-in “one step” PDF reporting system with customizable logo
• Connection library – User customizable.
• Adjustable Color Scheme
• Multiple Sensor Inputs allow for Torque averaging / Make/Break operation from the same controller. No separate Junction Box.
• Sensor/Cable Open Fault Detection, Output Short Protection
• Shoulder slope calculation
• Multi-joint review, graphic overlay
• Custom zoom feature
• Adaptable for Tong or Bucking Unit applications
• User Mode – Administration and User Level 1 & 2 Access.
• Monitors torque, turns and rotation speed during make-up
• Controls based on final torque. Includes calibration management system
• Includes automatic “Start Recording” and “Dump Valve Release”
• Includes automatic descriptive comments with user override. Customizable comments available on request.
• Option to accept or reject connection on delta turn / shoulder slope.
• Easy graphical report creation and printing of reports with one button
• Controls speed during make-up (optional)
• Available with optional pressure test system
• Optional RPM Graph can be added to makeup screen.
• View multiple joints in makeup screen
• Features multiple language capabilities available on request
• Power: Voltage: 85 to 264V~, Current: <1.4A, frequency: 47 to 63Hz
• Sampling Rate: Base Rate 500 Samples / Second
• File Recording Rate: Selectable delta torque and delta time settings
• Response Time: Electronic Dump Valve Output Control: < 0.5 ms
• Hydraulic dump valve: typical 10 to 30 ms
• Torque Accuracy: Typically <0.5% Full Scale (not including Load Cell)
• Turns Accuracy: +/- 1 pulse of turns counter
• RPM Accuracy: Better than 0.25 RPM Error
• Pressure Accuracy: Typically <1%
• Available Units: Safe Area and Hazardous Area Versions
ATEX Zone 1 Computer Option
• Smart-EX Zone 1 Ex dim Computer – Touch Screen
• Zone 1 Controller – Ex d enclosure.
• NO purging
• -20°C to 50°C Operating Range.