2012 PERMIAN BASIN INTERNATIONAL OIL SHOW
This world-wide event began humbly in 1940 as the “Little International Oil Show” with a mere 35 exhibits in the boomtown of Odessa, Texas. The Show lasted two years before World War II intervened. In 1950, oilmen from around the Permian Basin revived the project. The group formed a non-profit corporation and The Permian Basin Oil Show, Inc. was established. The show was presented again in October 1952 and has been held every two years, on the even numbered years, since that time. Because of the growing interest of foreign exhibitors and attendees, the name was changed in 1994 to The Permian Basin International Oil Show, Inc. The 2010 show had over 700 oil and gas related companies exhibiting in 1,114 spaces.