Portable Aircraft Digital Scale System
Portable Aircraft Digital Scale System (PADS) System
The McCoy Global Portable Aircraft Digital Scale System (PADS) System delivers both accuracy and reliability and nothing is more important when weighing and balancing an airliner. Its accuracy, reliability, ease-of-use and maintainability has led major aircraft manufacturers to choose PADS as the exclusive system for aircraft weight and balance. PADS can be used for all aircraft and for other high accuracy weighing applications. Both the scale and display are ruggedized against physical abuse, shock and vibration, and are certified for use in Hazardous areas. Because its electronics assemblies are environmentally sealed and its stainless steel sensors are seal welded, the scale can be reliably set down into floor recesses.
PADS are more advanced than other aircraft digital scales in terms of accuracy, dependability, ease-of-use, and maintainability. McCoy Global specializes in the design and manufacture of ruggedized weighing sensors and systems, which must withstand physical abuse, shock, and vibration over many years of operation.
Built to satisfy the most demanding requirements and incorporating the McCoy Global experience in design of rugged instrumental on for aircraft and missile weighing. PADS makes available to the airline and aerospace industries a higher level of cost eﬀective performance.
- Programmable averaging and motion detection
- Flexible battery saving configurations
- Sealed environmental protection
- No measurement errors due to side-loads or non-level (up to 1 degree) platforms and no damage up to 10 degrees
- Comprehensive Self-Diagnostics
- Corrects for variations in the local gravitational constant
- Minimum 1 00 hour battery life typical
- Push-button Tare
- 11b. or 1 kg. Resolution
- Ball and knife-edge load cell mounting
- Four each double-ended shear beam standard load cells
- Recessed hand-holds for easy handling by two people
- Independent mounted feet for use on uneven surfaces
- Specially designed high strength weigh bridge without welds
Power: Internal standard batteries
- Accuracy: Total error +/- 1% of reading or 10 lbs for 60K-PAD or 6 lbs for 25K-PAD, whichever is greater. This includes the combined effects of linearity, repeatability, creep (4 hrs), and platform loading errors.